CNC Retrofit Controls
Here at Lee Machine, Inc., our goal is to provide customized CNC control retrofit to enhance and upgrade your machinery in order to standardize and maximize the efficiency of your operation. We offer FANUC CNC controls to all of our customers because we want to offer our customers the best the industry has to offer—and FANUC has been the standard bearer of high quality CNC controls for decades. From the inception of this company, we have made every effort to offer these powerful controls at an affordable price to each customer whom we have offered a quote. As long as the iron is good on the machine you are considering upgrading, we can retrofit a new CNC control on it. From bridge mills to knee mills, slant bed lathes to gundrills, O.D./I.D. grinders to custom grinding applications (and all manner of custom machinery), we can provide a cost-effective CNC control retrofit for you.
When considering a retrofit, we recognize your need to have as little down-time as possible. When we perform a standard CNC retrofit, we aim to reduce down-time by keeping each job to an average of 2-3 weeks or less. Once a retrofit is finished, we have learned that any issues that may arise will usually occur within the first three months after the work has been completed due to the nature of a custom retrofit. Because those first three months are so critical, we make every possible effort to be available for our customers by phone and, if necessary, in person to keep your machinery operating the way you need it. Of course, we provide support long after the initial three-month time-span; however, we have learned that after that three months our customers’ issues are generally resolved and are able to run without interruption.
There are many benefits to consider with upgrading your equipment with a new CNC control as opposed to buying new equipment or leaving outdated equipment as-is. Even though the task may seem daunting both financially and logistically, there are several upsides:
- A control retrofit can be anywhere from 10-50% of the cost of a new machine (depending on make, model and type).
- Retrofits can be performed on-site without re-squaring, reconnecting or pouring new concrete.
- After upgrading motors, control and associated electronics, many older machine tools have the physical capability of keeping up and, in some cases, out-performing new equipment.
- Control can be custom-programmed to fit your needs and tested on-site.
- Options can be tailored to your manufacturing needs rather than having a take-it-or-leave-it standard set of options.
- Shop standardization and continuity can be achieved for operators by having the same brand of control on all equipment.
- Operating costs can be greatly reduced not only in first cost, but in lifecycle cost by way of reduced energy and maintenance costs.
- New FANUC controls often have built-in troubleshooting and maintenance support allowing for faster diagnosis by maintenance personnel, promoting decreased down-time.
- A new fully installed FANUC CNC control comes with a two year manufacturer warranty on qualifying parts and a one year Lee Machine installation and programming warranty—so you get similar coverage as a new machine without the new machine price tag
- Retrofits can be customized to fit your budget. A project can range from a minimalist control, motors and drives package to completely rewiring the electrical cabinet and machine to a full-blown conversion from manual to CNC (new ball screws, control package and cabinet rewire).
In addition to our retrofitting sevices, we offer specialized repair service of large and small machine tools in supplemental support of your maintenance crew. We can provide troubleshooting and repair services for any industry including manufacturing, fabrication and production utilizing specialized equipment(e.g., laser cutters, laser welders, water jets cutters, custom cutting and grinding machinery and more). With our repair and retrofitting system, we can help your organization save time and money. Our goal is to help you get better performance out of your equipment with easier programming and operation. We thrive on taking older machine tools and making them into equipment that is ready to enhance productivity. Whatever your needs are, we will work to help you meet them.